This is an archived copy of the Xen.org mailing list, which we have preserved to ensure that existing links to archives are not broken. The live archive, which contains the latest emails, can be found at http://lists.xen.org/
Home Products Support Community News


Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] RFC: Switch to xlilo now? Or post-3.0?

To: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] RFC: Switch to xlilo now? Or post-3.0?
From: Tristan Gingold <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:05:47 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:04:48 +0000
Envelope-to: www-data@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In-reply-to: <516F50407E01324991DD6D07B0531AD57E8242@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
List-help: <mailto:xen-ia64-devel-request@lists.xensource.com?subject=help>
List-id: Discussion of the ia64 port of Xen <xen-ia64-devel.lists.xensource.com>
List-post: <mailto:xen-ia64-devel@lists.xensource.com>
List-subscribe: <http://lists.xensource.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xen-ia64-devel>, <mailto:xen-ia64-devel-request@lists.xensource.com?subject=subscribe>
List-unsubscribe: <http://lists.xensource.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xen-ia64-devel>, <mailto:xen-ia64-devel-request@lists.xensource.com?subject=unsubscribe>
References: <516F50407E01324991DD6D07B0531AD57E8242@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User-agent: KMail/1.5
Le Mercredi 16 Novembre 2005 22:36, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) a 
écrit :
> > Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) wrote:
> > > Once the xen4elilo patch got applied, this no longer worked
> > > for me.  It may have been my pilot error.
> >
> > The key descision is when to move to new elilo.efi for Xen to
> > take advantage of xen.gz loading.  We should all move forward
> > together to get the feature
> > -Fred
> Perhaps.  But there is not a patch on the table for
> support of compressed images yet, and there is one
> waiting for xlilo.  Since 3.0 is imminent, let's decide
> on the xlilo patch that is waiting.  If a compressed image
> patch is available and tested prior to 3.0 freeze,
> we can consider that one too.
Here is the change.
I have only tested it with the old elilo on my RHEL 3.


Signed-off-by: Tristan Gingold <tristan.gingold@xxxxxxxx>

Attachment: xen-xlilo.diffs
Description: Text Data

Xen-ia64-devel mailing list
<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>