RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RFC: Switch to xlilo now? Or post-3.0?

To: "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RFC: Switch to xlilo now? Or post-3.0?
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:36:56 -0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:36:50 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) wrote:
> > Once the xen4elilo patch got applied, this no longer worked
> > for me.  It may have been my pilot error.
> The key descision is when to move to new elilo.efi for Xen to
> take advantage of xen.gz loading.  We should all move forward
> together to get the feature
> -Fred

Perhaps.  But there is not a patch on the table for
support of compressed images yet, and there is one
waiting for xlilo.  Since 3.0 is imminent, let's decide
on the xlilo patch that is waiting.  If a compressed image
patch is available and tested prior to 3.0 freeze,
we can consider that one too.

Dan