RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Xen linkage failed with Dwarf Error

To: "Philippe Berthault" <Philippe.Berthault@xxxxxxxx>, "Xen-IA64-Devel" <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Xen linkage failed with Dwarf Error
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 06:42:56 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:42:05 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RHEL3.4 and gcc 3.2.3 are fine for building Xen/ia64.

Periodically, changes are made to the Xen core that are
incompatible with Xen/ia64 and it appears that one
of the recent changes is causing your compile problem.
I will see if I can push a patch today to get it fixed.

If you have bitkeeper, the Xen/ia64 on the xen-ia64
bkbits site is nearly always stable (except for a few
minutes every week or so when I am pulling through
incompatible changes from the core of Xen in order
to push through the fixes).

Try bk://xen-ia64.bkbits.net/xeno-unstable-ia64.bk.

Also, a Tiger box will require a compile option (or
possibly a patch).  The Intel team got this working
for their Tiger (actually Tiger 4) boxes and may be
able to help you once you get it compiled.  (The
symptom you will see is that there is no console
output so it will look like it is not booting at all.)

Dan