Re: [Xen-devel] X11 problem with dom0 pvops kernel on Xen 4.0.1

To: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] X11 problem with dom0 pvops kernel on Xen 4.0.1
From: "John McDermott (U.S. Navy Employee)" <john.mcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 08:49:33 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 05:52:46 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Sep 21, 2010, at 8:29 AM, Boris Derzhavets wrote:

> When I install an F13 image as a pvops domU, the domU cannot start X.

Are you saying that virt-install F13 via local Apache Mirror or NFS share fails to run
in Gnome env ?

@Boris, I am running KDE. Does pvops only work on Gnome?

What you mean saying "F13 image"  ? How it was created ?

Boris.

@Boris, good question. I think this is where my problem lies, because my knowledge of making guest images is 2 years out of date and based on Xen 3.0, i.e. building them by hand, using dd and loopback. For pvops guests, I am currently using the network install images from the Fedora website, as in download/.../Fedora/13/x86_64/os. I prefer to bring up a minimal system and add just the packages I need to get things working, so I know exactly what is installed. Is that a problem?

Also, the HVM install is from an .iso image on the local disk.

John

----
What is the formal meaning of the one-line program
#include "/dev/tty"

J.P. McDermott building 12
Naval Research Laboratory voice: +1 202.404.8301
Washington, DC 20375, US fax:   +1 202.404.7942