[Xen-devel] Re: xen crash in tmem: checking a xen pfn for domain ownersh

To: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: xen crash in tmem: checking a xen pfn for domain ownership
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 18:25:53 +0100
Cc: Xen-devel <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:26:44 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gfn_to_mfn() takes a domain as a parameter. It looks up gfn in that domain's
p2m. The only RAM-typed pfns that can be present in a domain's p2m, if it is
not sharing pages via memshr, are the domain's own pages. As far as I know,
at least. It does no harm for you to switch to gfn_to_mfn_unshare(), but I
doubt this is the fix for your current problem.

 -- Keir