Re: [Xen-devel] Xen gdb -- unable to set breakpoints on x86-64 PV linux

To: <shanth@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen gdb -- unable to set breakpoints on x86-64 PV linux domU
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:36:33 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:37:33 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 10/4/08 19:56, "shanth@xxxxxxxxxxx" <shanth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1. http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-10/msg00205.html
>     - This was in PAE mode. Keir found the problem:
>        "Ah, the lookup function is mapping the PTE page with write
> permissions.
>         That won't work. I'll check in a fix."
>         I want to verify if my sources includes it. But, I've not been able
>         to trace the fix.

This is changeset 11698 in xen-3.1-testing.hg. It's an old fix so you're
sure to have it.

> 2. http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-tools/2007-05/msg00001.html
>     - This was a more recent error report on x86_64. But, no response.

Well, I'd need to set myself up with a 64-bit dom0 and a 64-bit domU to test
this. If it can be reliably reproduced then it can't be anything that tricky
to fix I'm pretty sure.

 -- Keir