RE: [Xen-devel] Intel VT-d Support

To: "Igor Chubin" <igor@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Intel VT-d Support
From: "Li, Haicheng" <haicheng.li@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 21:00:30 +0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 05:01:09 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Igor Chubin wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> please tell me, how can I be sure that
> my Xen installation is built with Intel VT-d support?
>
> Something like
>
> xm info | grep -i KEY-REGULAR-EXPRESSION
> xm dmesg | grep -i KEY-REGULAR-EXPRESSION

Use "xm dmesg | grep -i vt-d".

> What a line should I look for?

Find the line "Intel VT-d has been enabled."

> And if my installation was really built with VT-d support,
> how can I be sure, that Xen has successfully
> initialized VT-d hardware?

Try assigning a pci device to hvm guest as [1] describes. If vt-d is not
enabled or the device is not hidden, the guest creation will fail.
otherwise, you can use `lspci` in the guest to find out the device
assigned.

> I have read [1] and the lists archives
> and found no answers for my question.
>

> Thank you in advance.