Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch] [libxc] add missing free in xc_finish_mmu_update

To: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch] [libxc] add missing free in xc_finish_mmu_updates to avoid memory leak
From: Stephan Creutz <stephan.creutz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:31:43 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 07:30:27 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:34:07 +0100
Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You could work around by stripping all pagetable-type pinning, then
> make updates to all memory pages, then reapply pagetable-type pinning.
> This would mean that your memory rollback code would not need to take
> special account of pagetables.

That was my first approach to solve the problem, but it failed. As far
as I understand it is not that easy because to unpin a frame its
typecount have to be 0. What is the general approach to decrease the
typecount to 0?

Stephan