Re: [Xen-devel] Should Qemu monitor be enabled by default

To: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Should Qemu monitor be enabled by default
From: "Christian Limpach" <christian.limpach@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:00:07 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Christian Limpach <Christian.Limpach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 02:58:52 -0700
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=uWVREFhiDr53INsLj5IpOvamcwkvuZwt/dapdnyAGx5CirbA3G4Wt8GML6ajylG/aPiFFALcgtuKkKMy4+S24trWgERRJmEokJiU0Vc3UDupcZbYAkr4RinLXZpGuPkhnRB6iuPHSWr5SGk0TQgN63tikezsRpG57i/6UezlsQs=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 4/10/07, You, Yongkang <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>- plumb through the monitor option to the domain config file and the
>xend config file
>- fix xm console so it can connect to the monitor pty

The xm console is to connect HVM serial console. Will it be changed to
get monitor pty?

I was thinking it would be neat if you could specify which pty to
connect to.  qemu already writes the information about all the pty's
it creates into xenstore (/local/domain/<id>/monitor/tty).  Right now
xm console always connects you to the tty at console/tty, it would be
great to have an option to let you connect to the monitor or
additional serial/parallel ports instead.

   christian