Re: [Xen-devel] Should Qemu monitor be enabled by default

To: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>, Christian Limpach <Christian.Limpach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Should Qemu monitor be enabled by default
From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:22:32 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 02:21:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The right answer here is to plumb the qemu monitor interface into xend, and
provide a method for accessing the interesting monitor commands from xm.
It's already assumed that an xm user is privileged. This also provides a
more consistent administrator experience: requiring to issue some commands
directly at the qemu monitor interface is kinda cheesy.

 -- Keir