RE: [Xen-devel] Fix blatant non-archdep'isms... need help with build env

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Fix blatant non-archdep'isms... need help with build env change?
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:22:35 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:20:25 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > - hypervisor.h: about half of this header is
> >   generic and half is x86-specific.  Should
> >   include <asm-xen/asm/hypervisor.h> for
> >   arch-dep code.
>
> Approximately none of it looks arch-independent. I'd be happy to move
> the whole lot to asm-xen/asm-i386 and link across to
> asm-xen/asm-x86_64. Unless you think more than a handful of
> lines could
> be kept as arch-independent code?

On closer look, I can only find one arch-independent line:
the declaration of xen_start_info.  So if you could move
the whole file to asm-xen/asm-i386, I can add the
asm-xen/asm-ia64 equivalent (the one declaration plus
some other stuff that could move to a more central file)
at the next xen-ia64-unstable pull.

Thanks,
Dan