[Xen-devel] Re: Fix blatant non-archdep'isms... need help with build env

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Fix blatant non-archdep'isms... need help with build env change?
From: "Dan Magenheimer (sent by Nabble.com)" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 06:16:14 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:14:04 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Anybody else notice that gmane's archive of xen-devel is
out-of-date?  I use digest mode for xen-devel so usually
use gmane for replies... trying nabble instead this time...)

>There's already a symlink include/asm-xen/asm pointing to the
>appropriate arch-specific subdir under asm-xen. Or do you mean
>something else?

Hmmm... It seemed like there should be but one didn't appear
when I tried a build (on x86 or ia64).  I'll look again.

>>   <asm-xen/asm/synch_bitops.h>
>
>I can fix this one easily enough.

OK, thanks!

>> - hypervisor.h: about half of this header is

>Approximately none of it looks arch-independent. I'd be happy to move
>the whole lot to asm-xen/asm-i386 and link across to
>asm-xen/asm-x86_64. Unless you think more than a handful of lines could
>be kept as arch-independent code?

I thought at least the arch-independent function declarations
(which essentially define the API) should stay.  I agree this
is probably just a handful of lines.

thanks,
Dan

Sent from the Xen - Dev forum at Nabble.com.