Re: [Xen-devel] unstable binaries

Am Dienstag, den 15.03.2005, 20:16 +0100 schrieb Vincent Hanquez:
> On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 09:47:20PM +0100, nils toedtmann wrote:
> > Ok, after lots of compiling, rebooting & testing, i got this picture:
> >
> > The error "wget: retr.c:293: calc_rate: Assertion `msecs >= 0' failed."
> > is still present with xen-2.0-testing ("ChangeSet@xxxxxx, 2005-03-04
> > 00:57:22"), but now i have to trigger them by higher load. I was not
> > able to reproduce it on a vanilla kernel with same config (besides
> > ARCH specific options).

> >   <<<test_output>>>
> >   nanosleep02    1  FAIL  :  Remaining sleep time 4010000 usec doesn't
> > match with the expected 3999236 usec time
> >   nanosleep02    1  FAIL  :  child process exited abnormally
> >   incrementing stop
> >   <<<execution_status>>>
> >   duration=1 termination_type=exited termination_id=1 corefile=no
> >   cutime=0 cstime=0
> >   <<<test_end>>>

Both problems still present on 2.6.11.3 & xen-2.0-testing(2005/03/14) as
dom0

> the failure is just a precision range problem. increasing the nanosleep
> USEC_PRECISION to 10 times more make the test suceed.

Same with me.

> Now running with HZ = 1000 make the precision problem disappear (at the
> expense of awakening the test 700ns too soon and still failing ..)
>
> Could you try running with HZ = 1000 to see if there are still problems
> with your programs ?

Did you mean this?

  export HZ=1000; wget -c http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/...

It did not help. Still "Assertion `msecs >= 0' failed" after some
minutes of downloading at ~50kB/s.

> Also the strace output of the wget program failing might be handy to
> know if there's a link with nanosleep at least.

See <http://nils.toedtmann.net/stuff/virtualization/wget-
xen-2.0t.20050314.strace.bz2>

Is that ok or shall i strace with special options?

/nils.

ps: firefox still behaves odd, too.
--
no sig