Re: [Xen-devel] unstable binaries

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 02:29:38PM +0100, nils toedtmann wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 02:38:14PM -0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > > wget oopses sometimes, never seen that before:
> > >
> > >     wget http://...
> > >     25% [======>                    ] 1,028,840     55.08K/s
> > >   ETA 06:31
> > >     wget: retr.c:293: calc_rate: Assertion `msecs >= 0' failed.
> > >     Aborted
> >
> > It sound like time may be screwed on your system, which is rather
> > surprising.

Ok, after lots of compiling, rebooting & testing, i got this picture:

The error "wget: retr.c:293: calc_rate: Assertion `msecs >= 0' failed."
is still present with xen-2.0-testing ("ChangeSet@xxxxxx, 2005-03-04
00:57:22"), but now i have to trigger them by higher load. I was not
able to reproduce it on a vanilla kernel with same config (besides
ARCH specific options).

> > What kind of CPU do you have?

  $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
  processor       : 0
  vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
  cpu family      : 6
  model           : 4
  model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
  [...]

> > Does wget still fail if you're in a text mode? (I think we really need
> > to rule out any interaction with AGP or X).

Yes: could reproduce it on tty1 without any X running. Some kernel config:

  # CONFIG_MODULES is not set
  # CONFIG_AGP is not set
  CONFIG_FB=y

> > Please can you try running LTP on your system. Does it pass all the time
> > tests?

No. I ran the default testset (ltp-full-20050207) on xen0-2.0.4 and
repeated the failed tests on different kernels (all 2.6.10):
1.770_FC3 (fedora errata kernel), vanilla, xen0-2.0-testing (2.3.),
xen0-2.0-testing (4.3.). Except the FC3 kernel, they all had the same
config (except options not present due to ARCH). The test "fcntl23"
failed on all kernels, so it probably a fedora issue. The tests
"ioperm02", "iopl02" and "nanosleep02" failed on all xen-kernels,
and only on them. This is the output for "nanosleep02":

  <<<test_output>>>
  nanosleep02    1  FAIL  :  Remaining sleep time 4010000 usec doesn't match
with the expected 3999236 usec time
  nanosleep02    1  FAIL  :  child process exited abnormally
  incrementing stop
  <<<execution_status>>>
  duration=1 termination_type=exited termination_id=1 corefile=no
  cutime=0 cstime=0
  <<<test_end>>>

All other default tests passed on all kernels, including
"gettimeofday02".

> I'll try to check that on monday, is that ok?

So here i am. I hope it was worth it ...

/nils.

--
there is no sig.