Re: Never mind Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen reboots when trying to start new

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Never mind Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen reboots when trying to start new domain
From: Kip Macy <kmacy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 22:34:39 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 22:42:57 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zeroing the page in between improves the situation substantially.
Although I'm not sure if it is fixed.

pdb seems broken, to use pdb the symbols for the pdb_ctx variable must
be present, but they aren't:

my options:

verbose     ?= y
debug       ?= y
debugger    ?= y
perfc       ?= n
trace       ?= n

(gdb) ptype pdb_ctx
type = <data variable, no debug info>

gcc -nostdinc -fno-builtin -fno-common -fno-strict-aliasing -O3
-iwithprefix include -Wall -Werror -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe
-I/t/niners/users/xen/xeno-unstable.bk.work.1.1303/xen/include
-Wno-pointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -msoft-float -m32 -march=i686
-DVERBOSE -DXEN_DEBUGGER -c pdb-stub.c -o pdb-stub.o

-- If you stick a -g in there it works a little better:
(gdb) p pdb_ctx
$1 = {
  valid = 0x0,
  domain = 0x0,
  process = 0xfc53bd1a,
  system_call = 0x0,
  ptbr = 0x0
}
(gdb)
but it still won't give me a backtrace like it used to:
(XEN) pdb: [m12,8]
(XEN) pdb: L2 error (0x12)
(XEN) pdb: [m12,8]
(XEN) pdb: L2 error (0x12)