Re: Never mind Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen reboots when trying to start new

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Never mind Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen reboots when trying to start new domain
From: Kip Macy <kmacy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:50:38 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 02:09:11 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm hitting a bug in the pmap code when switching to multi-user mode. It
looks to me like a bug in Xen, but I don't know for sure yet. I'd like
to try turning on writable pagetables and use the stock i386 pmap.c code
to see how much mileage I get out of that. Is there any documentation on
the writable pagetable interfaces other than wading through the
changesets?

Thanks.

                                -Kip