Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen reboots when trying to start new domain

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen reboots when trying to start new domain
From: Kip Macy <kmacy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:21:12 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 06:24:38 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Ian Pratt wrote:

> Kip,
>
> Out of interest, why have you needed to give FreeBSD its own
> domain builder rather than use the 'generic ELF' one that Linux
> and NetBSD share? (Plan9 has gone with its own builder as it uses
> an a.out image format).

At this point I don't really need it any more, but I wrote it before
there was a generic one. I've been spending what time I have flushing
out the remaining bugs in XenoFreeBSD instead of changing a working init
path. I'll of course need to change the init path at some point so that
FreeBSD can run as DOM0.

                        -Kip