Re: [Xen-devel] segfault in VM

On Jul 19, 2004, at 9:22 AM, Keir Fraser wrote:

The first person to complain I think was Jody Belka, who was using
the changeset with comment 'Fairly major fixes to the network frontend
driver...' (2004-07-13 18:24:48). Perhaps backing off to a day before
that would be a sensible place to start?

I'm either going to blow your theory out of the water or help a lot because my first "real" build of all the Xen tools & kernel & linux kernels where I actually booted into a dom0 kernel from Xen was from a checkout on either the 12th or 13th. Prior to that I was working out getting everything built under gentoo and not actually running it. And that's what I've been using until I checked out and rebuilt everything fresh this sunday afternoon and still have the problem as of last night. Although a VM will segfault while dom0 seems to panic, it's probably the same root problem.

"We all enter this world in the    | Support Electronic Freedom
same way: naked; screaming; soaked |        http://www.eff.org/
in blood. But if you live your     |  http://www.anti-dmca.org/
life right, that kind of thing     |---------------------------
doesn't have to stop there." -- Dana Gould