Re: [Xen-devel] segfault in VM

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 10:01:54AM +0100, Chris Andrews wrote:
> Keir Fraser wrote:
> >>Keir Fraser wrote:
> >Do you mean a single 2.4 or 2.6 guest in addition to your 2.4 DOM0?
>
> Yes, that's right. With just the 2.4 domain0 on its own, everything
> seems fine.

OK using an image from Chris of dom1 i have been able to semi reliably cause
all sorts of corruption including Oopses in dom0 and other domains.

This is on 2 different machines one of which is thought to be atleast semi
reliable.

I first noticed it when doing a bk pull and having bitkeeper deciding
that my tree was rather corrupt (in a dom0), but with other domains
running.

Running while (:) do  tar cpf - . | gzip -3vc | cat >/dev/null; done

http://www.yuri.org.uk/~murble/boom/ has some output, with the
domain0 deciding to try and access beyond the end of device lots,
but this could be caused by random memory corruption.

Whilst trying to build somthing in dom0 seems a fairly reliable way
of triggering it.

Also my dom0 only had 48mb or so of ram but plenty of swap.

Before the crash i noticed user programs that allocated lots of memory
in dom0 randomly segfaulting, including apt-get update and apt-get
build-deps.

Again the oopsen i get were generally rather random, although i
have noticed another possible XenoLinux bug.  When you boot with
panic=30 it takes ages for dom0 to reboot, far longer than 30 seconds.

Even though after the panic it says rebooting in 30 seconds.