[Xen-devel] Do the suspend/resume tools work with current Xen?

To: Xen list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Do the suspend/resume tools work with current Xen?
From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacob@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:35:29 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:36:57 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

I noticed that in arch/xeno/kernel/setup.c the contents of
phys_to_machine_mapping[] are initialised on boot, but not upon
resumption after suspend, which may be a problem with the newer Xen
mmu_update semantics, as XenoLinux will now need to access this mapping
to be able to correctly specify machine addresses, even after having
been moved to a set of new machine pages.

Has anyone used the save and restore tools with a recent Xen and do they
still work, or is it correct that this mapping needs to be
reinitialised?

thanks,
Jacob