RE: [Xen-users] Uninstall gplpv 0.11.x (Unknown PCI Device)

To: "Aleix Dorca" <adorca@xxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Uninstall gplpv 0.11.x (Unknown PCI Device)
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 18:46:43 +1000
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 01:49:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> - I executed the uninstall_0.10.x.bat file also on safe mode. It did
some
> things, all ok. The registry seems clean, though it still has some
*other*
> references to Xen stuff, I suppose these are only informative (?).
> - After rebooting in any mode, drivers are gone but I keep getting the
dialog
> to install new hardware for an "Unknown PCI Device".
>
> James, or anyone, please, how can I completely get rid of this?

If all you've got left is "Unknown PCI Device" then GPLPV is gone. The
"Unknown PCI Device" is a device that xen/qemu defines, and is what
Windows loads GPLPV for.

I believe that there is a qemu option to not create the platform-pci
device in the first place, but maybe I'm thinking of a proposal that was
never implemented.

James