http://www.swiftwatertel.com
Xen Cloud Control System
http://www.xencloudcontrol.com

On 7/16/2010 7:59 AM, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:
Thanks Vern,
I can indeed keep my VMs up to date, however the customers will be in
charge of their VMs so I can't upgrade theirs, however I think this is a
moot point as they will have root access anyway.
I should probably upgrade my Xen 3.4.2 to 3.4.3 then?
Thanks

*From:* Vern Burke [mailto:vburke@xxxxxxxx]
*Sent:* Fri 16/07/2010 12:25
*To:* Jonathan Tripathy; xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* Re: [Xen-users] Xen Security

I did NOT say that. Like much of the current discussion about cloud
security, it comes down to degree of likely. You are FAR more likely to
have a VM hacked directly as the result of lousy system admin practices
than you are some remote theoretical possibility of someone breaching
the hypervisor.

In my opinion, unless you're storing nuclear launch codes, keep the
cloud/hypervisor up to date, keep the guest OS up to date, and follow
system admin best practices and the chances of being hacked are
vanishingly small.

Vern

Vern Burke, SwiftWater Telecom, http://www.swiftwatertel.com