Re: [Xen-users] Xen Security

To: Iustin Pop <iusty@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Security
From: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 08:06:37 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:08:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
e sender if you believe you have received

this email in error.

On 16/07/10 07:07, Iustin Pop wrote:
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:49:02PM +0100, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:
Hi Everyone,

My Xen host currently run DomUs which contain some very sensitive
information, used by our company. I wish to use the same server to
host some VMs for some customers. If we assume that networking is
set up securely, are there any other risks that I should worry
about?
Maybe you should ask yourself this question: what is the cost of using a
separate server for your customers' VM, versus the cost of leaking the
sensitive information, if anything happens?

Side channel attacks are still a possibility, I think. Leaking
information via storage reuse is still a possibility, depending on your
storage. So on…

regards,
iustin

Can you please explain to me some of these "side channel attacks"? I've never heard of "storage reuse" before?

Thanks