[Xen-users] Remus: how to make remus end gracefully ? / how to change fr

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Remus: how to make remus end gracefully ? / how to change frequency on the run ?
From: Kyungjin Yoo <kyungjin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:23:49 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 08:44:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello

I recently installed xen 4.0.1-rc2 on Ubuntu Jaunty and tried Remus.

While I am testing remus, I need to figure out these two things below for my goal, but I failed to do that until now.
If Brendan or anyone else here has any idea, please help me out. then I will appreciate it.

1. Graceful finish of Remus.

Once I run remus, how could I stop it gracefully?
When I try to finish remus, I couldn't find any command.
and if I kill remus process, it seems to work as a fault. so it fails over to secondary server, and only domain at secondary server works, but original domain doesn't.
so what if I stop remus but still want to use 1'st server domain?
I think this is necessary in some cases, in general.

2. Checkpoint frequency change on the run.

I would like to change frequency while remus is running.
It seems that current remus is not implemented that way. once it starts with a specific frequency (with -l options), then we can never change the value until we start. Is this correct?
If it is possible to change while running, let me know how to do that.

if this is not possible, I would like to try to modify the remus source and implement it for this function (frequency change on the run).
How could I approach this? and how positive could it be?
I can also change frequency after stop and start of remus with new frequency value, if new implementation is challenging.
but in that case, I need an answer for the No 1 question above regarding "graceful finish of remus", which I don't know how to do that now.

Thank you.

Best regards.
Kyungjin Yoo