[Xen-users] differencing disks

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] differencing disks
From: Alex Edwards <edwards.alex@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 08:29:09 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 00:31:36 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=+69YKAEheW8Hug3W6TJyb0M74Wm/zUqQKggOgtDY6Pw=; b=WGgWRCdopWymg3Se1W0Sw6tLZc4NQtd01h/6Mh+T0Rc0m/okYsZqozhlQ0ugx/bfE+ Uyjc9m1AeFdu7tx1HBkIMBWnhN0MJsnTdl5vV15mCDsmjaetY0p+u7SsKbiiwVqYwLMD QDGKmACE1aR3nPe/ds3m/vtOY4CseFT83lo74=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hello all,

I have little experience of virtualisation only what i have read in the past couple of days! but i think it can offer me what i need. I would be grateful for your input.

I have 3 systems I need to demo, I want to deploy these systems to a base state where i know that they will be working. At this point I want to lock them. I want to be able to give it at this point to somebody and say "do want you want" when/if they break it i want to be able to return it to its known stable state. This return to a stable state needs to happen quickly, seconds would be great but minutes would be acceptable.

I have been reading about differencing disks and believe that these would be the right solution?

thanks
Alex