Re: [Xen-users] can Xen coexist/cooperate with a windows/linux dual-boot

To: "chris" <tknchris@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] can Xen coexist/cooperate with a windows/linux dual-boot system?
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:50:32 -0700
Cc: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>, richard heade <richard.heade@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:51:37 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Enlightened mode happens automatically in Server 2008 - all editions.  There
isn't anything to change/set - the kernel detects at boot-time that it is
running on a Xen or Hyper-V platform and switches to Enlightened Mode.  I don't
know if Windows 7 contains this or not - I hope so, but given Microsoft's
attempts to lock down licensing for the client-side virtual machine O/Ss (XP,
Vista, and 7), I wouldn't be surprised if it is only included in the Server
O/Ss 2008 and future.

-Nick

--------