Re: [Xen-users] unknown income traffic

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Jingyun He <jingyun.ho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, this does not happen every minute, about 2-3 times a day, and
> every time, it lasts only a few minutes.

and that few minutes causes hundreds of MBs? weird.

> I just run tcpdump for a few hours, and finally catch the following log,
>
> Note:
> xx.xx.198.137 is the ip of the vps I monitored.
> xx.xx.*.* are the IPs of other VPS in the same node.
>

> 20:58:32.989397 IP xx.xx.211.92.http > 117.72.30.40.20552: P
> 5841:6688(847) ack 0 win 6432

Have you asked your hosting provider about this? It seems to me that
your provider might have done something to the bridge settings,
possibly reducing aging time or something, causing it to lose track
quickly of what MACs are on which port/interface. When that happens
the bridge would just send the traffic to all ports.

--
Fajar