Re: [Xen-users] PVGrub can't find config file for domU on logical volum

To: matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] PVGrub can't find config file for domU on logical volume
From: "Matthew Law" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 12:52:34 -0000
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 04:53:16 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry to reply to my own post, but still not making any progress with
this.  Here's my domU config file which is working with pyGrub.

#  -*- mode: python; -*-
name = "testvm"
vcpus = 1
memory = 1024
maxmem = 1024

# pygrub
bootloader = "/usr/bin/pygrub"
# end pygrub

# pvgrub
#kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/pv-grub-x86_64.gz"
#extra = "(hd0,0)/boot/grub/menu.lst"
#end pvgrub

dhcp = "dhcp"

disk = [ "phy:/dev/VolGroupVM/testvm,xvda,w",
"phy:/dev/VolGroupVM/testvm-swap,xvdb,w" ]

vif = [
"mac=00:16:3e:00:00:12,ip=192.168.1.12,bridge=xenbr0,vifname=viftestvm" ]

on_poweroff = 'destroy'
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'restart'

If I remove the pygrub bootloader line and un-comment the pvgrub entries I
always end up at the 'grubdom>' prompt.  If I then enter 'configfile =
(hd0,0)/boot/grub/mennu.lst' pvgrub works and I can boot the domU
successfully.

I'd be really grateful if anyone can offer any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Matt.