[Xen-users] IPTABLES on Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] IPTABLES on Xen
From: Tapas Mishra <tapas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:28:04 +0530
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 03:00:06 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am having CentOS and Xen running on it this machine is able to do a
ssh to other machines on the network but the client machines are not
able to connect to it via ssh
message comes is no route to host I have disabled firewalls and still
to be sure enough I added following rule
iptables -A INPUT -p TCP -m tcp --sport 22 -j ACCEPT

following is the output of iptables -L

[root@localhost ~]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:bootps
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:bootps

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             192.168.122.0/24    state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     all  --  192.168.122.0/24     anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
reject-with icmp-port-unreachable

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

But still the route to this machine does not exist this machine is
able to ping other machine on my network but the other mchines can not
ping
if you see above rules then I have not disabled ICMP echo on Xen
Machine can any one help.

--

http://www.abhitech.com