Re: [Xen-users] increase size for dom guest using lvm online

Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

 > # xm block-attach 11 '/dev/disk/by-path/ip-<very-long-iscsi-address>'
 /dev/xvda3 r
 Error: Device 51715 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not
 working.
 Usage: xm block-attach <Domain> <BackDev> <FrontDev> <Mode> [BackDomain]

 Create a new virtual block device.

 Checked in teh guest and the device didn't re-appear, so tried again :

 # xm block-attach 11 '/dev/disk/by-path/ip-<very-long-iscsi-address>'
 /dev/xvda3 r
 Error: Device /dev/xvda3 (51715, vbd) is already connected.
 Usage: xm block-attach <Domain> <BackDev> <FrontDev> <Mode> [BackDomain]

 Create a new virtual block device.

 So I still had to shutdown and re-create the guest for the size
 change to appear.

You need to attach a completely new device, not the same xvda3.

Are you saying it's not possible to use the same device name that was previously detatched ?

--
Simon Hobson