Re: [Xen-users] Xen Setup

To: 'xen-users' <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Setup
From: Steve Wray <steve.wray@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 15:25:51 +1200
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 20:26:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Venefax wrote:
I have both and Virtuozzo has less overhead then Xen. It is the reverse. I use XEN because I need to virtualize Windows along with Linux. But rest assured, OpenVZ and Virtuozzo are one or several steps ahead. The management tools are far more sophisticated in Virtuozzo and the support is amazing, it cannot be compared.

Its not really fair to compare Xen and OpenVZ/Virtuozzo.

Xen is a virtualisation environment.

OpenVZ/Virtuozzo is, effectively, a chroot environment. On steroids, but chroot no less.

I've tried OpenVZ and I can say, hand on heart, I would not be prepared to use it in a production environment. Too many risks.