RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.4.1 AMD-V HVM

To: "Holger" <Age_M@xxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.4.1 AMD-V HVM
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 15:44:41 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 06:43:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This was in reference to the NEW processors that are not yet on the
market - I can't really tell the general public about details of
processors that are not yet available - at least not if I want to
continue working for AMD...

> What processors are you talking about?! My AMD AM2 3600+ X2 (65nm)
> already has the AMD-V feature, right?!? And the Mainboard already has
> turned off this AMD-V feature, but I want to turn it ON again, right?!

Aha! 65 nm is the Rev G model. I'm not sure, but I think Rev G has the
ability to disable AMD-V. But your BIOS really should have a way to
ENABLE it if that's the case. [Most of the processors currently on the
market are Rev F - I only saw the first Rev G myself the other day,
although I knew of their existance a long time ago]

> So, what do I have to do to get HVM support? New CPU? New
> Mainboard?? Or
> should I completely switch to Intel Core2Duo?

I'd suggest if Gigabyte isn't helping you (soon), you should invest in a
different motherbaord.

> I am completely irritated now :-p

That wasn't my intention. Sorry for that.