Re: [Xen-users] Buying a server for Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Buying a server for Xen
From: "Jan Mulders" <lastchancehotel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 00:30:38 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:28:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm no 'xen hardware expert', but the quad-core Core 2 Quadro's are looking very attractive indeed. As a matter of fact, their price is falling dramatically (especially during August when AMD are due to release their own competing quad-core offerings)...

I am planning to use an E6600 quad in each of my new Xen boxes (along with 8GB of RAM and raid 5) - pick whatever motherboard you hear good experiences for. (I cannot name any off the top of my head - sorry!)

But basically, with HVM and some very sharp prices, Intel is where you should be looking right now.

Jan