RE: [Xen-users] Still having problems with xen guest boot

To: "Octavian Teodorescu" <octav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Still having problems with xen guest boot
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:40:45 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 May 2007 06:39:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This indicates to me that you've got some sort of mixup. Which of the
three or four "destroyDevice()" functions is it? There should be a
calltrace in /var/log/xen/xend.log... Not that it will really help much
to know that, but at least it's some help. [And it's really a
consequence of the guest dying anyways, so it's not particuarly helpful
to fix it].

> I run out of ideas. Tried with to use the ramdisk I allready had:
> initrd-2.6.18-8.1.4.el5xen.img, and the same. Can't make
> another one since
> I tried to find a kernel src, and the only thing I get is kernel rpm.

You don't need kernel SOURCES to build the initrd, just kernel
installation files (in particular the modules from the kernel).

If you search for "mkinitrd xen guest" or some such in google, you
should be able to find the right command to add the necessary modules
for the guest setup.

--
Mats