Re: [Xen-users] Memory squeeze in netback driver?

> > > I wonder how hard it'd be to fix that..
> >
> > Are you running the network servers in separate domUs or in dom0 itself?
> > Are the domUs using network servers in dom0?  Is this with a statically
> > allocated dom0 memory footprint, or autoballooning?
>
> * Network servers (eg rsync) are in domU, not dom0. dom0 just does devices,
> bridging, munin-node and other small bits of housekeeping. The rsync is
> going to an external machine, not into dom0.

OK.  The reason I asked was that there was a problem with some older versions
of Xen when weird stuff would happen if domUs were using network services
that were running in dom0...  I can't remember what error this gave, but it
seemed worth ruling out.

> * Oh, its with minimal ballooning - I manually set dom0 mem down to 256meg
> at boot and let it stay there. The new servers are at 384meg.

If you set dom0_mem on the the command line and don't use any ballooning, do
you still get this problem?

> > Don't you just hate people who ask lots of questions? ;-)
>
> Nope!

That's definitely good - but what else could I say? ;-)

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!