Re: [Xen-users] Installing Firebird in a Xen Guest

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Installing Firebird in a Xen Guest
From: Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:29:28 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 03:29:19 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday 19 January 2007 03:03, Tom Miller wrote:

> I ran "service xinetd status" and it is running.
>
> I did a netstat -an | grep LIST
>
> It says it is listing on     0.0.0.0  3050
>
> I see other services as   127.0.0.1  xxxx
>
> I am still unable to attach to the FB server remotely.  I get a
>
> "connection rejected by remote interface"
>
> There is no firewall turned on the host server or the guest.
>
> What is my next step?   Thanks.

Well, it has been some years since I last used firebird, so I'm not really
sure what could be the problem.

But since its listening on the port already, I don't think the problem could
be Xen-related.

Maybe the hosts allowed to connect have to be configured somewhere?

/Ernst