Re: [Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] Modular Xen

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] Modular Xen
From: Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:27:19 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 03:27:16 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Resent with xen-users list as recipient, rather than directly to Daniel.

Just so I know, does XEN pass on the NUMA infos from the allocated
memory to the domU linux kernel?

Say I do have NUMA and 2 cpus and start a domU with 1G ram and 2
vcpus. Does it allocate 512MB per NUMA node and tell linux that?

And do vcpus stay mapped to the same real cpu in case cpus == cpus or
do they randomly switch (making numa optimizations impossible)?

MfG
        Goswin