[Xen-users] forcing disk in read only also if mounted

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] forcing disk in read only also if mounted
From: Daniele Palumbo <daniele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:39:50 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 03:38:50 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi.

i am using xen 3.0.4, and i have to setup a disk for all my domUs, that
contains kernel modules.

now on, i know about "gfs" and "nfs" approach, but i don't like it at all, if
not passed anyway as read only at boot time.
NFS or GFS would need, in my setup, a new virtual server that only serve that
thing (i won't export it from dom0, since they are on separate vlans, and i
don't wont domUs to contact dom0)

i want a volume, in read only, that does not need to know anything about xen.
i tried "r!" in config file, but it is not a valid flag (BTW, IMHO it should
be, like w!).

i can't use w!, cause i want that volume in read only (and keep safe my
modules)

the solutions, by now, is to keep mounted in dom0 in read only that partition,
and remount it to rw when needed (modules upgrade)
but it is not a solutions.

how can i resolve?
i really have to ask for "r!", or there is something like that?

thanks
Daniele