[Xen-users] Missing CPUs

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Missing CPUs
From: Matthew Wild <M.Wild@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:45:34 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 02:46:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've just got a bit of a funny with a quad CPU Opteron box running Xen 3.0.2
on SuSE 10.1.

One of the CPUs failed so I was down to 3 CPUS and everything ran OK, but
having just added the replacement, when booting the Xen kernel, /proc/cpuinfo
and top etc. only report CPU0 and CPU3. If I boot the standard kernel, all
four CPUs show up.

xm dmesg also reports 4 CPUs started and xm top says there are 4 VCPUs
available to dom0.

Any thoughts?

Matthew
--
Matthew Wild                       Tel.: +44 (0)1235 445173
M.Wild@xxxxxxxx                    URL http://www.ukssdc.ac.uk/