[Xen-devel] Where do we stand with the Xen patches?

To: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Where do we stand with the Xen patches?
From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 12:54:54 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 May 2009 12:55:25 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Ingo,

Over the last week or so, I've set out pull requests for the following branches in git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git :

for-ingo/xen/dom0/core

   You made two comments about the first post of this set:

      1. The // comments in the mtrr code.  Now fixed.
      2. A query about when Xen can support PAT.  In progress; when its
         done, we can remove the unconditional PAT disable.

for-ingo/xen/dom0/pci
for-ingo/xen/dom0/swiotlb

   Updated with Joerg Roedel, FUJITA Tomonori and Matthew Wilcox's
   comments,  Acked-by and Reviewed-bys as appropriate.

for-ingo/xen/dom0/apic-ops

   After discussion between yourself and HPA, we resolved that using
   io_apic_ops was the right way to go forward with this.  I replaced
   for-ingo/xen/dom0/apic with the new branch
   for-ingo/xen/dom0/apic-ops, which is identical aside from
   implementing and using io_apic_ops.

for-ingo/xen/dom0/mtrr

   You queried the value of "extending" this interface, given that its
   considered to be deprecated.  These changes in no way extend the
   interface, but just make the existing interface functional under
   Xen.  And while we don't have PAT support, there's no other way of
   setting cachability attributes on memory, so not supporting it has a
   fairly severe performance impact on things like X.

Aside from some whitespace issues around some Impact: lines, I don't know of any outstanding problems. (I just pushed an updates to these branches to fix those, and fold a change to address Jesse's comment.)

Please tell me if you have any further issues which prevents you from pulling these changes. Otherwise I'd appreciate it if you pulled them soon, as we're already on -rc5, and I have more changes I'd like to prep for the next merge window.

Thanks,