Re: [Xen-devel] Changeset 19594 for Xen 3.4 build on Ubuntu Server 9.04

To: bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Changeset 19594 for Xen 3.4 build on Ubuntu Server 9.04 causes pygrub doesn't return any data anymore
From: Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:13:14 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 May 2009 07:13:43 -0700
Newsgroups: chiark.mail.xen.devel
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Boris Derzhavets writes ("[Xen-devel] Changeset 19594 for Xen 3.4 build on
Ubuntu Server 9.04 causes pygrub doesn't return any data anymore"):
> I was able to rebuild xen& tools with only one line modified in Config.mk :-
>
> PYTHON      ?= /usr/bin/python2.5
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the line you changed ?  I'm afraid your message wasn't very
clear.

> IF  PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG ?=''

This is the feature I put in to let you override the --prefix
specification from the Xen build system, specifically to try to work
around the Ubuntu python installation bug.  If it doesn't work then
something is wrong.

That is, I think the following config should work on those Ubuntu
systems
  PYTHON=python
  PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG=''
although you may need to do