RE: [Xen-devel] vmx_update_guest_cr() losing EXCEPTION_BITMAP setting

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] vmx_update_guest_cr() losing EXCEPTION_BITMAP setting
From: "Byrne, John (HP Labs)" <john.l.byrne@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 17:21:56 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 May 2009 10:22:39 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I had hit upon the fix of clearing v->arch.hvm_vcpu.debug_state_latch=0 and
this had apparently fixed the problem I was seeing. However, reviewing the
code, the schedule_softirq(SECHDULE_SOFTIRQ) you added looks necessary for a
complete fix. A caveat: I am not running a domain-debugger, I am just borrowing
the code for my lockstep work. I don't see why the fix wouldn't work in that
case, but I'm not testing it.

John