[Xen-devel] vmx_update_guest_cr() losing EXCEPTION_BITMAP setting

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] vmx_update_guest_cr() losing EXCEPTION_BITMAP setting
From: "Byrne, John (HP Labs)" <john.l.byrne@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 04:32:11 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Sun, 10 May 2009 21:33:47 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Running a heavily modified xen-unstable changset 19590:f80cf52a4fb6 with
debugger_attached set, I was seeing the debug traps getting lost from the
EXCEPTION_BITMAP in vmx_update_guest_cr() when transitioning from real to
protected mode.  In my codebase, I could fix this trivially by clearing the
debug_state_latch and letting vmx_do_resume() reapply the setting. However,
while it looks like a valid issue in the unmodified codebase, I'm not sure. So
maybe someone might test/examine it and decide if it is real and whether some
more complex fix is required?

John Byrne