[Xen-devel] Odd Bridging Quirk

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Odd Bridging Quirk
From: "Chris Babcock" <cbabcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:42:03 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:46:55 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am seeing an odd bridging quirk, on my domU instances.

When any of my domU's start, they cannot receive any traffic until they
have sent at least a few packets.  Time seems to have no effect on this
behavior.  If I let an idle domU sit for an hour, it still fails to
receive, if it has not originated any traffic.

My workaround for the moment, is an added rc-init script that pings the
default gateway a few times when the domain first comes up.

Is this normal? Should there be a warning in the docs, if it is?  If not,
does anybody have any ideas what may be causing this?