Re: [Xen-devel] kernel oops/IRQ exception when networking between many d

On 6 Jun 2005, at 09:52, Birger Tödtmann wrote:

I commented out the free_mfn() and status= lines: the kernel now reports
the following after it configured the 10th domU and ~80th vif, with
approx. 20-25 bridges up. Just an idea: the number of vifs + bridges is
somewhere around the magic 128 (NR_IRQS problem in 2.0.x!) when the
crash happens - could this hint to something?

The crashes you see with free_mfn removed will be impossible to debug -- things are very screwed by that point. Even the crash within free_mfn might be far removed from the cause of the crash, if it's due to memory corruption.

It's perhaps worth investigating what critical limit you might be hitting, and what resource it is that's limited. e.g., can you can create a few vifs, but connected together by some very large number of bridges (daisy chained together)? Or can you create a large number of vifs if they are connected together by just one bridge?

This kind of thing will give us an idea of where the bug might be lurking.

 -- Keir