Re: [Xen-devel] Control tools work

To: Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Control tools work
From: Christian Limpach <christian.limpach@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 01:25:44 +0100
Cc: Charles Coffing <ccoffing@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 00:25:02 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 5/31/05, Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The basic save/restore stuff is now simplified (in particular has no
> dependencies on a callback mechanism out of the library). To do e.g.
> a non-live migrate you then effectively need to:
>
>    * work out what the config of the domain is
>    - do a save
>    - use the config to create an 'empty' domain
>    - restore into this, and
>    * perform final configuration tweaks

There's actually still a callback during save, when we need to tell
the domain to suspend itself.  This uses the control channel between
xend and the domain to send a control message to the domain.  We could
maybe make xc_linux_save talk directly to the domain through xcs or we
could use xenstore for suspend requests...

    christian