[Xen-devel] XEN 2.0.1/Xenolinux 2.6.9 domain0 not booting on Debian Sarg

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] XEN 2.0.1/Xenolinux 2.6.9 domain0 not booting on Debian Sarge / P4 Xeon
From: "Tom Hibbert" <tom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:40:28 +1300
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:41:18 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all

I am in the process of upgrading my XEN servers from 2.4 to 2.6 kernels as I am having better results on 2.6.

However one machine (the big daddy) refuses to boot a 2.6.9 xenolinux kernel. It's an IBM eSeries xServer x205.

I have selected what i think are the appropriate options in menuconfig but it refuses to boot into dom0. By refuse I mean it initialises the hypervisor, gets to loading the dom0 kernel and immediately reboots. There's no error messages and it doesnt even get to Scrubbing memory. This machine boots fine into 2.4.27.

I have tried various permutations of kernel options and compiled at least 60 kernels trying to get this to work. All my other machines (none of which are p4s) upgraded with minimum hassle.

I humbly attach my kernel config in the hope i have left something out.

Thanks

Tom