[Xen-devel] which (pseudo)-device can be used as VBD in xenU ?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] which (pseudo)-device can be used as VBD in xenU ?
From: Jérôme Petazzoni <jp@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:59:41 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:00:45 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I saw examples of VBD using hdXY and sdXY inside virtual machines, like this : disk=phy:hda5,hda1,w

And I would like to do this : disk=phy:md8,md1,w

But it failed (the "real" md driver tried to access something that didn't exist, of course, and rootfs couldn't be mounted). Did I do something wrong, or is the frontend driver only able to "fake" hdXY and sdXY devices ?

FYI, my motivation is to supply mdX devices to ease migration from/to real servers.