Re: [Xen-users] Yes, it does! (Does the amount of main memory influence PCI pass through (DMA) capability?)

On Monday 10 August 2009 10:37:47 Jeroen Groenewegen van der Weyden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I seen the same problem with motherboard DQ45CB with 4 gig and pci
> pass-through enabled. The system just freezes at start up. when reducing
> the memory to 2 gig he system boots ok and is working fine, including
> the pci pass-through.
>
> Opensuse 11.1
> xen 3.3.1_18546
>
> mfg,
>
> Jeroen

Hi,

I have noticed something similar.
When setting the Dom-0 to use all available memory and then shrink, PCI-pass-
through for the USB-controllers no longer work.
When I start up with dom0_mem=512M (as option to xen, NOT the kernel), the
pass-through works.

Instead of physically removing memory, have you tried limiting the dom0-
memory?

--
Joost