Re: [xen-unstable-smoke test] 169781: regressions - FAIL

On 29/04/2022 17:15, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
Which seems to be the right sequence to me. There must be an early boot
phase where interrupts are disabled on a CPU but memory allocations are
possible. If this was x86 with the tlbflush limitation, I would suggest
to have per-cpu memory mapping areas so that we don't have to do any
global tlb flushes with interrupts disabled.

On ARM, we don't have the tlbflush limitation so we could do that but we
wouldn't have much to gain from it.

Also, this seems to be a bit of a special case, because in general we
can move drivers initializations later after local_irq_enable(). But
this is the interrupt controller driver itself -- we cannot move it
after local_irq_enable().

So maybe an ad-hoc solution could be acceptable?

We don't need any ad-hoc solution here. We can register a CPU notifier that
will notify us when a CPU will be prepared. Something like below should work
(untested yet):

The CPU notifier is a good idea. It looks like the patch below got
corrupted somehow by the mailer. If you send it as a proper patch I am
happy to have a look.

Doh. I will send a proper patch once I have done some testing.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall